Clothes Swap – GRUB MCR [23/10/2022]
ADVANCE BOOKINGS ONLY
Good news those of you who are based in central Manchester our Clothes Swap is back and in a new central location! Bring all your unworn or unwanted clothes and swap them for new-to-you garms to refresh your wardrobe the eco-friendly way.
This is no second-hand clothes scrum! It’s a boutique shopping experience with a difference. Men’s and women’s clothing are welcome.
Here’s how the swap works;
- Bring along up to 10 garments (men’s or women’s clothing).
- There are two different check-in times, with ticket options to match, so when booking your ticket, select the time that suits you best. Please arrive at your designated check-in time.
- BOOK YOUR TICKET IN ADVANCE. We will be only taking advance bookings for this months clothes swap so we can monitor attendance and capacity.
- For each item of clothing you bring, you’ll get a stamp on your swap card. We grade clothes into two categories on arrival; GREAT (designer, vintage and high-end high street) and GOOD (high street and everything else). You swap like for like, so a Great item gets you another Great item, or you can ‘swap down’ for a Good item. We will be limiting the number of items you can ‘swap up’ (two GOODS for a GREAT) for to 1 item per swap.
- Browse the rails and find some clothes you love – try them on if you like!
- Check out at the reception desk to get your swap card updated
- If you have spare stamps at the end, you can bring them along to the next swap. If you have stamp cards from before the lockdown, these cards will be valid for you to use 🙂
Pro Swapping tip – have a quick sort of your clothes into our above ‘Great’ and ‘Good’ categories before coming and save yourself some time checking in and spend more time swapping!
Check-in times: – There are no time slots for this month’s swap but please note the last check in time for the day is 3pm.
NEW VENUE – This month we are at GRUB MCR, Manchester’s best street food and independent venue with an indoor craft beer bar. 50 Red Bank, Cheetham Hill, Manchester M4 4HF
*Please note; we do document our events and share the photos on our social media channels and online – if you do not wish to be photographed, please let a member of our team know on the day.