- This event has passed.
Clothes Swap & Wardrobe Surgery – The Refuge
Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
CLOTHES SWAP // Entry to the swap is *FREE* if you bring up to 10 items of clothing to swap.
If you don’t have any clothes to swap, you can pay to load your swap card with stamps: £5 gets you two high street items, £10 for one designer/vintage item. All money raised will go to Forever Manchester, supporting community initiatives across Greater Manchester.
Bring all your unworn or unwanted clothes and swap them for new-to-you garms to refresh your wardrobe the eco-friendly way.
Men’s, women’s and children’s clothes are welcome – it’s a family friendly event.
Here’s how the swap works;
- Bring along up to 10 garments (men’s, women’s or children’s clothes). You can check in anytime between 12-3:30pm.
- Swapping begins at 12:30pm.
- For each item of clothing you bring, you’ll get a stamp on your swap card. We grade clothes into two categories on arrival; Designer and High Street. You swap like for like, so a Designer item gets you another Designer item, or you can ‘swap down’ for a High Street Item.
- Browse the rails and find some clothes you love – try them on if you like!
- Check out at the reception desk to get your swap card updated
- If you have spare stamps at the end, you can bring them along to the next swap – held at Stitched Up on a quarterly basis – next one Sat 27th July.
WARDROBE SURGERY // If any of your swaps need some TLC or adjustments, we’ll also be on hand throughout the swap with our Wardrobe Surgery. Bring a damaged or unloved item of clothing over to us and we’ll help you wield needle and thread to bring it back to life! Embellish, alter or mend your garments so they can be loved for longer.
The Wardrobe Surgery is *FREE* to attend.