All workshops from Autumn 2020 onwards will take place at our new pop-up workshop space at Stretford Mall.
The full address is: Stitched Up, Unit 40, Stretford Mall Shopping Centre, Chester Road, Manchester M32 9BB
When arriving for a workshop, please use the rear entrance to access the space, rather than the shop-front.
To find us on foot or bike, walk past the Mall along Chester Road, then turn right at the Job Centre. You can lock your bike at the main Mall entrance if cycling. Walk past the Mall entrance and you will see Unit 40 on your right – just before the concrete stairs. Give us a knock and we’ll come and let you in!
By public transport, the Stretford tram stop is just near the Mall, on the opposite side of Chester Road. Buses 263, 255 and 256 come to Stretford Mall from the city centre. From Chorlton you can catch the 84A or 150.
By car, if you’re heading towards city centre on A56, take the left turning off Chester Road A56 before the Mall (just after St Matthew’s Parish Church – you’ll see The Window Company on opposite side of road) – it’s a really small road, but leads to a car park which is just behind our Unit (3 hours free parking).
If you’re coming from the other direction you’ll have to drive past the Mall and then turn right at the roundabout to come back onto the A56 in the other direction.
The yellow bricks are the rear entrances to the Units – you’ll see Unit 40 roughly between the car park and the grass area – just near the concrete stairway.
Please note that we do not have a customer toilet at the premises – the (accessible) customer toilet is near Quality Save, see map.
This is an anxious time for us all, and we completely understand that you want to know exactly what to expect when attending our workshops.
Our new venue means we are able to host workshops for small groups with space for social distancing.
We have the following measures in place to ensure a Covid-secure environment:
- All workshops have maximum number of six attendees, plus two staff/volunteers.
- During workshops, our shop will be closed to the public, so the only people in the space will be your fellow workshop attendees and staff/volunteers.
- On arrival, all attendees will be signed in and required to wash your hands before being shown to your workspace.
- Hand sanitiser and handwashing will be available throughout the workshop.
- Everyone is to maintain social distance at all times. Workstations are placed two metres apart, so please leave the furniture where it is. We ask that you remain at your workstation wherever possible, and if you need to move around the space, ensure you are always two metres away from others. The tutor will also maintain social distance from attendees at all times.
- No sharing of equipment – each workstation will be equipped with everything you need and this will be sanitised before and after your workshop. Any materials which are shared and which are difficult to clean (eg. threads) will be quarantined after use for a minimum of 72 hours before being used again.
- Everyone, including tutor and staff to wear a face covering at all times on the premises. If you are unable to wear a face covering for any reason, please notify us before the workshop date.
- To lower transmission risk, we (regretfully) will not be serving our usual hot drinks and snacks – but please feel free to bring your own. We will ask that you: – remain at your workstation and ensure you are 2 metres away from others when you remove your mask to eat or drink.
– wash your hands after eating and before touching any equipment.
- Anybody experiencing Covid symptoms on the date of their workshop is kindly asked not to attend. Please stay at home and look after yourself – we will ensure you can use your workshop ticket at a future date when you are feeling better.
If you have any questions or concerns about the above, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Cancellation / postponement of workshops
At the time of writing, Greater Manchester is in Tier 2, and expected to enter Tier 3 at any time. It is also possible that we may soon be put into a national lockdown.
Under Tier 2 restrictions we are able to continue our workshops, with measures in place to ensure a covid-secure environment.
This is also the case under baseline restrictions for Tier 3, but government can agree additional measures with each local authority. We are paying close attention to this guidance as and when it is announced.
Because announcements are often made with very little notice, it is possible that we’ll have to postpone a workshop at short notice. In this instance, we will give you as much notice as we can, and when workshops are allowed to re-start, you will be given a choice of future dates to attend.
Phew, now all that’s out of the way… all that remains to be said is that we can’t wait to see you all and welcome you in to our new space!
Stitched Up x